At Good Samaritan, we believe that student leadership provides an opportunity to learn to identify and display effective communication and interpersonal skills. Student leadership is about the art of motivating, influencing and directing people so that they work together to achieve the goals of the school in collaboration with the staff and parents. It is important for students to experience leadership opportunities during their schooling, to learn the art of building relationships within teams, defining identities and achieving tasks effectively.
Through the Student Representative Council (SRC) our school:
- values and engages student voice within teaching and learning, and school planning
- involves students in conversations and decisions about what and how they learn and how their learning is assessed
- develops student participation and leadership skills and nurtures character to support their active citizenship
- provides inclusive student leadership opportunities within the classroom, school and wider community
- provides opportunities for student participation and leadership that celebrate difference, diversity, and that recognise, respect and respond to identity and cultural background
- provides opportunities for all students to actively contribute to the school and their community through mentoring, student service, learning and volunteering